- 1 The Advanced Guide To SEO
- 2 What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- 3 How Does Google Rank Websites?
- 4 Keywords
- 5 Keywords Choice
- 6 CONTENT
- 7 Ideas for brilliant Content
- 8 On page SEO (Technical SEO)
- 8.1 ON PAGE SEO -BEST PRACTICES
- 8.2 How to choose good meta tags
- 8.3 How To Optimize Alt and Title Text on Images
- 8.4 Broken Links Can Hurt Your SEO Efforts
- 8.5 Keep a simple URL structure
- 8.6 How to Use Internal Linking to Improve Your Website’s SEO
- 8.7 How to Use Anchor Text
- 8.8 Page Speed: How it impacts your SEO and how to improve it
- 8.9 Optimizing for Mobile
- 8.10 Duplicate content
- 8.11 Writing SEO Friendly Headlines
- 8.12 Content Curation
- 8.13 Basics of Repurposing Content for Blogs
- 8.14 Types of Content
- 8.15 Social networks
- 8.16 Six Ways to Make your Website More Interactive
- 8.17 Add Your Website To Google Search Console
- 8.18 Creating a Google Analytics Account
- 8.19 Epilogue
- 9 OFF PAGE SEO
- 10 LINK BUILDING
- 11 NO FOLLOW LINKS
- 12 Common SEO MISTAKES to avoid
The Advanced Guide To SEO
Updated: January 7, 2017 ♥
Have you ever heard the SEO term, or website promotion with SEO but you don’t know further more?
Do you know that SEO helps the increase of traffic in your website?
You are a new user of SEO but you haven’t made your first step of website promotion in search engines?
You may have knowledge about SEO’s basics but you want to learn much more to increase your rankings, so, your clients can find you easier?
In any category above you belong, you’re in the right spot!
The SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) is the method to improve the website’s rankings in the search engine’s results with cause to increase the visitor’s number which the website receives.
To achieve high website rankings, and good SEO also, it needs to combine many and different SEO parameters:
From the words, you built your website (keywords) to the links (backlinks) that your website gains from other pages.
SEO is not only the construction of a website which is friendly to the search engines.
You have to keep in mind that is the ideal method to create a website that distinguishes from others and has high standards on internet’s world.
So, this guide has designed that way to describe all the aspects of SEO and all these elements you have to keep in mind to help you increase your website’s traffic, making it friendly to search engines but mainly in visitor users.
SEO TIP #1
Don’t consider SEO only as a method to appear on Google’s first page, but also as a motivation to improve constantly your website something that will offer you significant long-term benefits.
Why Do I Need SEO?
The majority of traffic that websites gains originates from search engines (GOOGLE-YAHOO-BING)
Although, social media (especially the well-known Facebook, twitter, Pinterest) have heavy traffic in a website, the search engines, especially Google, is the basic path which leads the most visitors to find what they’re looking for and finally to end up in one specific website.
So, the ‘search engines’ classified as the compass which directs the visitors to your website.
If they can’t detect and rank your website in high position, you lose a unique chance to send targeted traffic to it.
Traffic that comes from the search engines can determine the success or the failure of your business.
It’s important to have a beautiful and rich in the content website.
But, if you have a website that does not bring any visitor at all, because nobody can found it on the internet, for which cause you maintain this specific website?
SEO TIP #2
Every search engine’s visitor who keyboards words concerning the product or the service you provide is a potential customer of your business.
How Does Google Rank Websites?
As Google possesses huge quota of traffic from the visitors worldwide, we focus on the way you achieve the first page in Google. Similar tactics for the rest of search engines (Bing,Yahoo) below.
Before we proceed in the steps you have to follow for the appearance on Google’s first page, let’s solve a basic question.
WHY MY PAGE DOES NOT APPEAR IN GOOGLE’S FIRST PAGE WHEN COMPETITORS WEBSITE’S WITH WORST SERVICE/PRODUCTS ARE HIGHER?
The answer is simple.
The search engines, although they’re smart, but they want your help.
With the passage of time, the algorithm that ranking websites are constantly improved to collect the contents deeply and to bring out the best results to the visitors in fractions of a second.
But what ‘BEST RESULTS’ mean?
Years ago, only a few keywords and the frequent repetition of the text of the website would achieve the first’s page joy for some words-keys.
Nowadays, the situation is different.
Google rates the websites considering the crowd of the factors that affect SEO.
So, it needs fully strategy SEO and specific moves to attract daily, important traffic and gain as much visibility as you can in the ‘battle’!
World’s internet becomes constantly competitive and the companies/businesses/blogs that doing SEO regularly and with right methods will outmatch always against these who ignore the need to invest in an integrated SEO strategy.
So, if you want to improve the rankings you win from the search engines, we recommend you to read carefully the guide and focus on , in the 4 separately elements that will improve the SEO of your website.
Keywords are the start of every effort to improve our website’s SEO. Are, essentially, search engine’s foundation tongue.
The website promotion via SEO must always start with the suitable keywords choice.
Without keywords, no SEO can exist, to be honest. The keywords operates like compass to each SEO Campaign: they show you how to move properly and their classification show you if you’re making progress or not in time.
Essentially, the way we understand if there’s any development in website’s SEO is via keywords.
If their rankings gets on, then, the strategy we follow , ascribes.
But if not, then we have to review and focus on other keywords or, different website promotion techniques.
An easy way to improve your rankings is to make sure that the basic keywords which interest you, are used into the content:
In title, in headings, and in every’s internal URL , so you can increase the relativity index of your website in the specific keywords.
How you choose the right keywords?
Finding keywords is an integral piece every’s SEO strategy.
But it must be achieved to discover keywords that:
- Have a big quest volume, so there’s a possibility to bring enough traffic to a website.
- Have low competition, that means we have possibilities for high ranking with these words (for example, is possible to achieve 1st place for the word ‘hotel’ but is also feasible the keyword ‘ luxury hotel in Rome’
- Are gully relevant with the business’s object and, except traffic, they can bring sales?
- They’re long tail keywords, and not only 2-word keyword.
Long Tail Keywords
Why have you to focus on LONG TAIL KEYWORDS?
With the term Long Tail Keyword, we mean keywords that are an over a 2-word keyword.
For example, instead of focus on ‘golden crosses’ word, you can focus on ‘golden crosses for christening’ word.
It’s obvious that long tail keywords do not bring traffic as the smaller expanse keywords do, although they’re notably important because they bring visits fully targeted.
As you make your keywords more specific, you reduce the competition, improve the possibilities to achieve higher ranking and you increase the possibilities to have
traffic that will lead you to immediately sales.
Feature example, Amazon, which gains a million visits from the word DVD, also, meantime, gains million targeted visits from all the DVD’s specific titles.
If we observe it closer, no one of the specific DVD titles can’t bring the same traffic as the word DVD brings, but, in total, the mass, if its add, is bigger and their targeting much specific.
Useful Keyword Research Tools
Tools that helps you to find and choose Keywords
There is a large number of tools that helps you in finding and valuate keywords which help you to ‘pour foundations’ of SEO in your website.
GOOGLE KEYWORD PLANNER: Fully free tool which provided through the Google’s AdWords platform and gives you the opportunity to valuate traffic that can give you a keyword, as the competition which is around it, also.
It’s usually the first tool for keyword research that uses every Digital Market.
MOZ KEYWORD TOOL: Moze’s suite, provides a large number of tools to improve your website’s SEO, also, provides and keyword tool to control your keywords.
An important advantage is the fact that gives you indices of competition difficulty for each word it locates and regards your business so that you know the difficulty to increase your rankings for each keyword.
LONG TAIL PRO: an Exceptional tool to find infinity amount of Long Tail Keywords.
COGNITIVE SEO: Cognitive’s SEO platform provides a complete solution for every’s SEO organization and, certainly, keyword’s investigation and choice.
SEO TIP #3
Focus on, especially, Long Tail Keywords when a website makes it’s first steps on SEO so that you can achieve some initial rankings, and then, in shorter length keywords that bring bigger traffic.
High quality and unique content for better SEO
WHAT DOES THIS PRACTICALLY MEANS?
The search engines scan your website in a way to find the related topic and then decides for what keywords or websites can be ranked highly.
All this obviously in fractions of a second.
You can essentially ‘affect’ the way that will be given to the public these rankings if you optimize brilliantly your content for the keywords you have already chosen.
This can happen if you create content that contains useful information concerning the topic the website’s deals.
That means that you don’t have to focus on the way the Google’s robots reads the websites, but the experience that your website visitor’s reaping.
A few years ago, in a trial to fool the search engines, a technique of exaggeration keywords use had been used largely (KEYWORD ABUSE)
This had to deal with the Keyword 5 itself and 6 times in the same paragraph, in titles, in media descriptions etc.
But, the search engines are developing and as they become more intelligent, they couldn’t be ranked highly, websites that use cheap ways to succeed good SEO.
The extreme use of keywords into the website, may bring down your rankings and affect negatively the SEO.
So, the best tactic is to use the keywords with a natural way and with strategy into the content.
If for example, your website is about the topic of healthy diet, you can structure your content with titles as:
- What healthy diet means?
- What foods includes healthy diet?
- Advices for each meal in a day.
- Cooking recipe that helps in a healthy diet.
You don’t need to refer 20 or more times the keyword ‘healthy diet’
You must create a unique content which is useful to your readers and provides a large number of informations about the topic of healthy diet.
Be sure that Google robots will realize everything and award you in the passage of time.
Ideas for brilliant Content
Follow clever strategy in Content Marketing.
The creation of analytical and qualitative content can give a huge boost on website’s SEO.
The content creation for your website and the promotion is well known as CONTENT MARKETING.
Keep in mind that the content marketing it’s not SEO. But, it’s a strategy you have to follow to affect your SEO with positive way, But how can you use the Content Marketing?
- Write an article about a subject which is directly liked of your visitors and you provide useful advices.
- Create a detailed guide or a promotional video for the item you offer, which explains fully its capabilities and benefits.
- Ask your clients to tell you their opinion about the item and incorporate their critic in your website.
- Refresh the old content of your website with new data and incorporate statistics and explanation photographs.
If you don’t spend time and effort in your content, no one will give attention as they find better sources on the internet.
Write articles about your business, answer to your visitor’s questions, give a solution to a problem and promote your website as a trustworthy information source.
What is more possible? To buy an item or a service by someone who gave you useful information about a topic, or, by someone who you never have heard or read of him/her?
SEO TIP #4
Offer something for free and make sure that your visitors will reword you in a day , buying some f your services or your items.
Last but not least, the most important thing your content must have: ORIGINALITY
It’s an urgent necessity NOT to post somebody’s third content in your website (without source reference), except legal sanctions.
Apart from this, copying a content is unacceptable and as the Google figures, your SEO will be ranked as not acceptable, the classification of the keywords about the theme will be fallen.
On page SEO (Technical SEO)
Improvement of website to SEO
The term ON PAGE SEO has to deal with all these technical elements that have to a parameter on your website’s code to be improved with the best possible way to SEO.
You have to have on mind firstly, that the Google’s robot do not perceive the websites as the visitor does, and then, you will understand that you have to build the individual elements of website’s code for better SEO.
That means that they don’t interpret the content of your websites as the human brain does. (Although they’re making progress to reach the similar level)
The website you’re reading isn’t perceivable by a search engine as it’s to you.
We focus on to some techniques which are necessary to create websites that are properly structured, as to the search engines, as to the human.
ON PAGE SEO -BEST PRACTICES
How to structure your website for better ON SEO PAGE
The first thing a user finds when looking for a keyword is the snippet in the search results of Google. The snippet includes the title of your page, URL and meta description. The title should be brief and concise because it has great influence on the ranking of your page. The meta description should accurately describe the content provided by your page, why increase the click-through rate.
Tips to optimize the page titleHow To Optimize Alt and Title Text on Images
- Keep the title short. The Google “cut” anything longer than 70 characters.
- Use the keywords you are targeting on the title page.
- Check if you have all your optimized title pages.
Tips to optimize the meta description
- Do not exceed 175 characters. Otherwise, Google will remove that excess.
- Try to integrate call-to-action prompts on your description to encourage users to visit your site.
- What will win the users through browsing your site;
- Check if you have all your pages are optimized meta description.
How To Optimize Alt and Title Text on Images
Search engines cannot understand the content of the images, if not accompanied by textual support. For this reason, you should add to your images Alt texts, which will exactly describe the content of each image. If for some reason an image does not load on your site, the site will appear in the Alt text that you added.
Moreover, the Alt text allows people with disabilities who use text-to-speech software to access the content of your site. This is a very important detail to make your site accessible to different audiences.
The Alt text is incorporated into the link of each image, in HMTL source code.
Tips for using the Alt texts
- Incorporate the keywords you are targeting in the Alt texts.
- Make the Alt texts to describe exactly what gives the picture.
- Browse the pictures that have been uploaded to your site and check if you have all Alt texts.
Broken Links Can Hurt Your SEO Efforts
When a user visits a URL, which can not be found on a server, the browser shows error code 404 (file not found). This not only creates a negative user experience but interrupts the flow of search. If a search engine detects too many 404 errors, sees this as an indication that your site is not maintained.
Most 404 errors occur because of broken links.
A Broken link is a link that you added to your page, which leads to a landing page that is no longer valid. This usually happens when a URL has changed or has been written incorrectly. Make sure you check back for broken links on your website (especially after a new launch or after Small URL changes).
Tips to correct 404 errors
- Check on your site, if there are 404 errors.
- Replace defective URLs with correctly using 301 redirects.
- Ask other webmasters to correct you, any defective link leading to your site.
- Check the links in the navigation menu of your site.
Keep a simple URL structure
The URLs in your website being indicative of the content that they want people to see you. The more uniform and consistent is the structure of a site, the faster a user can reach the desired destination. Creating a more positive user experience will help to reduce bounce rates and increase the residence time of a user to your site.
Moreover, the single structure of a site helps search engines to run pages faster. This can be achieved by creating descriptive URLs. This option helps users to orient to your site. The descriptive URLs are also aids in marketing activities or for sharing content in social networks, as already bearing details of the landing page content.
Descriptive URL can be considered the following: http://example.com/marketing/inbound-marketing/
Tips for URLs
- Check if you use descriptive URLs.
- Limit the structure of URLs to maximum 4 levels.
- Make a directory that lists all the parent folders. For example: mywebsite.gr/main-folder/subfolder/product.html.
- Use 301 redirects to replace old with new URLs, any time you make changes.
Google does not have any problem to process URLs that surpassing 2000 characters.
This means that the length of your URL does not affect the classification will have your page in search engines. However, the extent of the URL has a direct impact on the user experience (which in turn acts on SEO). Short URLs are easier to memorize one, easier to share on social media and to forward them with ads.
Another advantage of the condensed URLs is: If a URL does not exceed 74 characters can be added to Google SERP snippet.
Tips for URLs
- Avoid unnecessary words like (the, one, etc.) Or links (and, or) from the URL.
- Keep the URL as close as possible to the original domain.
How to Use Internal Linking to Improve Your Website’s SEO
The homepage is the most important page of your site. The traffic you receive total starting from your home and then passes on the remaining pages. Ideally, you should balance the traffic to pages distributing traffic equally to all. To do this, add internal links and easy navigation menus.
Internal links allow you to control the search engines and their results. Specifically, with the correct setting of the links help
Search engines run well your website and include it in their index. Also, proper control of links indicates to search engines which pages are most important.
The pages that are not found in the inner link format to any other page are referred to as “orphaned pages”. If one search engine finds such a page, block its movement to it, as the way we run the various entries are from link to link.
Tips for internal links
- Remove the links that lead to faulty pages (status code 404) or to pages that are no longer accessible (status code 500).
- Look for any “orphaned pages” and connect them via links to other pages on your website.
How to Use Anchor Text
The anchor texts describing the details of a link and inform the user about what information to expect from this link. Adding anchor texts let users clicked on URLs that include keywords that are important for your website.
Ideally, the related keyword of the landing page should always be used in the anchor text of internal links. The more pages using the same keyword, to describe one subpage, the more signs you accept the search engines to believe that your landing page must be quite relevant to the keyword. This translates into a higher position on the page in the search engines.
Tips for anchor texts
- Avoid using words like “here”, “more” etc. Focus more on the keywords.
- Try to use the same anchor text, when you add a link to one landing page.
- Make sure the anchor text matches the content of the landing page that comes.
Page Speed: How it impacts your SEO and how to improve it
The speed with which loads a website is very important for the final performance of a website. Obviously, users do not want to spend time waiting for your page to load. Instead, they want to see your content directly. Websites that load slowly have a high bounce rate, which in turn leads to low ranking in search engine results. The speed with which loads a website is as important for mobile users.
There are many techniques to reduce the time in which loads one page. You can use Google PageSpeed to check the loading speed of your page.
Tips on loading speed
- Check the speed of loading your site.
- Identify slow pages and investigate the cause.
- Avoid using large images. Adjust before insert into your page.
Optimizing for Mobile
If you want to improve the SEO of your page will have to design a mobile friendly layout. Today more and more people use mobile devices to browse the Internet. Indeed, there are cases where the percentage of mobile users reaches 70%. This means that each page should fit in mobile environments, otherwise you will lose regular visitors.
Before starting with ton mobile friendly design, you can use the Mobile-friendly the Google test, to evaluate the mobile version of your page.
The mobile version of a site has more requirements than the classic version for desktop. The content must be readable on small screens
size and also should be taken off the touch operation. Finally, should you manufacture exclusively responsive websites, to automatically adjust the size and function of each device.
Tips for mobile optimization
- Check for problems in a mobile look of your website.
- Your entire website should be accessible to mobile devices so that the content can be adjusted to the dimensions and function of each device.
- Check if used viewport tags.
<Meta name = “viewport” content = “width = device-width, initial-scale = 1.0”>
Duplicate content can be displayed on a website for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the same substance is registered and accessible under a different URL. This prevents duplicate content the search engines to rank a page because Google is not able to choose what is the best version of (the first or second-page format). Therefore, your website can not climb to the top of searches.
You must recognize the source of duplicate content on your website and correct errors as quickly as possible.
Tips for duplicate content
- Check if your site is accessible with or without www., Http or https. If there are multiple versions of a single page, use 301 redirects, to give your page the desired destination.
- Check if the same content is registered in different formats eg PDF or print format.
- Inquire if your website automatically creates lists or records that lead to duplicate content.
- Ensure that your website does not show the same content with or without a “/” at the end of the URL.
The duplicate content appears very often in e-shops. A typical example is a product which has been registered in various categories. If a URL is hierarchically structured, the product is accessible under various URLs. A reliable way to reduce the duplicate content is by using a canonical tag on duplicate pages. This indicates to Google which URL is the original and which is the copy. Then the Google bot ignores the copied pages and only records the original URL.
Tips for duplicate content
- Go to every page on the website for any duplicate content.
- Add canonical tags to the duplicate pages which lead to the original pages. Canonical tag will still be added to the original page that leads to herself.
- When integrating the canonical tags, make sure you write URLs correctly.
Writing SEO Friendly Headlines
The titles in your website usually have two functions. The first is to give the content a more organized structure and the other is to encourage the user to start reading. The securities are marked in h-tags in the HTML code.
Tips for unique headlines
- Use only an h1 headline per page.
- Incorporate the main keyword of each page in the h1 headline.
- Do not use h-tags to format the font size. Alternatively, choose the CSS.
- Use additional keywords to subtitles (h2, h3 etc.)
- Keep titles short as you can by removing any unnecessary word.
- Select items such as numbers, bullets, and images to attract your users and make your content readable.
The Content Curation is an easy way to collect, to reconfigure and republish existing content.
Making content curate obtain new ideas to get the material that already exists. To do this kind properly processed, you should refer to your blog and post content that already exists. The social media is the place to share it easily quality content. Remember how popular subjects bring significant traffic to your page.
Tips for Content Curation
- Post infographics, to explain complex meanings.
- Make inquiries and statistics, to make your material more interesting.
- Create e-books that explain in an understandable way the topic you want to deploy.
- Ask external bloggers to write about you. The guest blogging is a great way to obtain authentic content that reflects the interests of your audience.
Basics of Repurposing Content for Blogs
Republishing existing materials gives you the opportunity to refresh and improve content attached successfully to your audience. When republishing material, you need to refresh with new examples, statistics, findings that seem really new. This will grab the attention of readers who have already read the first form. The content is already there, the only thing you have to do is to enrich or expand.
The search engines reward for each renewal of your content, as long as you have something really new to say!
Tips for recycling content
- Check every week the traffic of your website.
- Find the content that performs better than all the others and sees if they are up to date.
- Renew old blog posts with new material.
Types of Content
There are many different ways to create new content. Alongside the texts, digital content considered as images, videos, graphics, and sound files. To experiment with different types of content is a movement that can attract new leads for your business. So keep variety in options and make regular posts!
Tips for different content
- Use infographics to illustrate difficult texts.
- Keep accurate and concise in your writing. If you want to explain something in detail embed information in the video.
- Publish your own experiences and problem-solving methods have faced. Your own conclusions increase your credibility in public.
- If you have not yet draw your own conclusions, get an expert opinion. The pundits ensure quality in your content.
- Use lists, tables and any other structure best highlight your content.
The social networks are an important source of traffic. The quality content is more likely to be notified in social networks and increase visits to your page. The traffic that gets monitored by Google and helps search engines to assess the quality of your content.
Tips for social networks
- Use social networks to promote your content. Make sure you contact the right target group!
- Promote content that attracts the target group, you select.
- Take frequent posts and see what content works best. Invest in it!
- Advertise your posts to increase the performance and popularity.
- Always Make a test before advertising a post. Check the appearance and accuracy of the content.
- Use images and videos to make them more attractive and competitive in your content.
Six Ways to Make your Website More Interactive
The content comes from users themselves increases the performance of a site on search engines. Users can interact with your site in many ways. The blog comments, criticisms, the question and answer fields are the most characteristic examples.
Tips for an interactive site
- Encourage your readers to comment on your posts. Integrate Call-To-Action or practices do simply open questions.
- Prefer to write about controversial issues in order to cause the reaction of your audience.
- Share your content on social media and motivate your readers to make comments.
- Allow users to publicly evaluate your products through your website.
- Give users the option to answer other people’s questions about your products.
- Answer the FAQs made around the site and your products and upload them to your website.
The SEO is not perfected through a single practice. Rather, it a continuous process. The basis for an efficient SEO is to understand and verify the behavior of the users. Frequent testing is the key to well meet the wishes and needs of guests and to avoid a possible drop in traffic to your site.
Add Your Website To Google Search Console
The Google Search Console is a very useful tool to control your website. Not only raises the sitemap.xml to Google, but your feeds with important data for the keywords that visitors used to reach your site. In addition, the Google Search Console informs you “hacked” websites and dangerous links.
Through the Search Console, you can have access to other Google applications such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords. This parallel application manager allows you to simultaneously check the Conversion Rate and the statistics of the traffic on your website.
Tips for Google Search Console
- Create a Google Account and add your website to the Search Console.
- Look for the HTML improvements regularly proposed in Search Console.
- Analyze clicks on your landing pages and utilize data to improve the content and your metadata.
- Control notifications for errors.
- Register your website in the Google index using the “Fetch as Google”.
Creating a Google Analytics Account
Google Analytics allows you to thoroughly analyze user behavior on your website. Specifically, the options it offers, you can watch all movements operating within your website by understanding what it is that pulls their interest. The options in Google Analytics covers a wide range of functions, from very simple to more complex. On the whole, however, there are your Google Analytics features give a complete picture of the performance of SEO.
Tips for Google Analytics
- Check performance indicators such as a number of visits, bounce rate and user time spent on your website.
- Enable email notifications when changes occur in the KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Make frequent comparisons of old and your new data.
There are countless different tools in the digital world, designed just to help you refine your page. Remember, though, always return to the Google Search Console and Google Analytics and meticulously track the progress of your site. These are the two basic tools that provide free comprehensive support in the management of SEO.
- Short URL, 3 words to 5, separated by pause (-) including the basic websites keyword.
- A title that includes firstly the keyword and not at the end of it.
- Backlinks usage to other more trustworthy and full relevant websites (outbound links) With this way, Google perceives better your website’s theme.
- Usage of the basic keyword into the heading type H1 (heading 1)
- WEBSITE’S LOADING SPEED, so, trustworthy and quick web hosting.
See the ways you can achieve high rankings for your website, choosing a web hosting package.
- Usage of a long term content.
It’s observed that contents bigger than 2000 words accept better rankings in Google.
- BOUNCE RATE REDUCTION (means: increasing of user’s residence time in website)
Create useful content and creative design to achieve it. Google considers that websites with big bounce rate don’t have special value and it doesn’t classify them in first positions.
- Usage H2 and H3 headlines that include website’s keyword
- Improvement of images through usage description on alt tag to get higher your website’s classification on Google’s Image search
The parameters above play a determining role in SEO’s website promotion as a technical part. There are few more on-page SEO factors you can see in full-list SEO that was published in the previous article.
OFF PAGE SEO
How to Promote a Website Through Link Building
The links that your website has from other pages, maybe, it’s the most important part of SEO. In SEO’s terminology, they have the name: backlinks.
As many as websites give a backlink , as possible is to achieve the top on Google’s competition.
The reason that backlinks have great value on SEO is, the easy way for everyone to build a brilliant website, to create a high-quality and original content , build it with specific keywords and finally, to possess the top place.
But, it’s hard to convince other websites that you deserve to give you a backlink to yours.
Before the examination of some basic ways to acquire backlinks you have to know:
- Backlinks that are into a website’s content is more important than the backlinks which are into a sidebar or on the footer
- Backlinks from pages they are relevant to the website’s theme are more valuable than backlinks that come from unknown nonrelevant websites.
- The anchor text, the text that everyone does ‘click’ on it to go to the link (so, on our website) plays the most important role in Link Building procedure.
For example, if we desire to classify a website for the phrase ‘website advertising’
To realize the value and the way the Link Building in SEO operates, is enough to think, this:
If we are sick, whom are going to be consulted by? Two very good doctors or 10 random friends that have knowledge about some basic medicine?
The answer is obvious. So, even if you get some opinions and not many, you will take an experts opinion.
The quality outmatches the quantity.
You must know that something relevant happens on the internet. Backlinks help Google to ‘realize’ how your website acquires confidence vote from other websites on the internet, and then you gain the best classification.
Don’t forget that Google’s purpose in every search engine of a user is to provide the best possible result (relevant and quality information)
And when you gain many confidence votes, means that you counted among, in one of the best results of a relevant search
With the doctor’s example, counts all the backlinks that show on your website but they don’t count them with the same way,
As more as trustworthy and quality, the websites that give you a backlink are, as much value added to your website.
A long time earlier, the backlinks number played an important role, but now, the number is reduced steadily as the machines realize and rank with the best way in website’s quality from where they come from.
- Ask from your clients to give you a backlink.
If you have any co-workers or clients that you make business together, you can send them a beautiful banner with your brand to use as a reference to their website.
- Creation of professional blog that provides valuable content.
The content marketing and SEO are inextricably linked. The search engines will classify you highly if you can’t provide the best content comparatively to your competitors.
Blogs have unique ability to provide fresh and rich content with keywords concerning your business matters, and they bring links from outside sources that founds your articles interesting and they suggest them through a backlink to them.
- Create a content that provides unique and useful information’s, so it attracts backlinks with natural way. If you write something useful and you not only reproduce information’s on the internet, then your public will be interested and will give you natural backlinks
A high-quality content gains attention, likes and shares will be provided, necessary to build your website presence.
NO FOLLOW LINKS
What Are NoFollow Links
The backlinks to your website may contain the feature NO-FOLLOW
This, practically, means that the holder of the website that gives backlink to another website ‘says’ to the search engines to abolish this backlink as a rewording to the targeted website, so not as added value to this website.
No-follow, essentially, dictates to search engines not to follow a backlink.
It’s been designed as a way to help backlinks be given when someone writes a comment in some blogs or forums, as also for protection reasons from spam links and reasonable websites be fully protected.
Obviously, links that are followed by the feature no-follow interpreted differently by Google and they don’t have same validity with others.
So, it’s bad to have no-follow links?
Although they don’t add value to your website, no-follow links it’s normal to exist and they aren’t negative.
A website that has many backlinks, it’s necessary to have some no-follow to show a normal and not a spam profile backlinks.
Common SEO MISTAKES to avoid
What you must avoid during Link Building procedure.
❌ Low-quality backlinks and doubtable value websites cause bigger damage than benefits from your classification.
❌ The anchor text of backlinks you receive must be different and not the same.
As many variations exists, as normally is (and no spam) looks like on Google’s ‘eyes’
❌ The retaliatory backlinks (means, the reference to your website from other, and the reverse at the same time) brings the opposite result, and not requital for SEO.
They considered as a trial to fool the search engines.
SEO TIP 5
Backlinks, essentially, are the most important parameter today on SEO and powerful link building will give you the power to rank many and different keywords in high positions.
We discussed the 4 basic steps that required to improve your website’s SEO to give an important boost to your rankings in Google.
If you follow exactly all the steps above, make sure that your website’s traffic will be increased.
But, we have a question.
How often must SEO become?
Here, we have to have in mind that SEO is a Digital’s Marketing subconscious and the genera’s Marketing of your business.
There are many more factors that define if a website will be ranked highly in search engines,
With the base, everything that has analyzed and in the specific SEO guide, it’s easy to realize that SEO it’s not an on-off procedure. Is repeated. If you intent to deal once with SEO, do not deal with it at all.
You can’t achieve SEO in a day, or a month. SEO never ends and also, it changes every day and you must be adjusted to the algorithm’s changes and stay to a high level.
Just be patient. Nothing is gained in a day (except lucky games)
Maybe, for some time you will spend your money and believe that there’s no result at all. But stay stable with a right SEO strategy.
If your plan is accurate and based on strong SEO foundation, make sure that will reward you.
Meanwhile, have always on mind, that time is needed for search engines to refresh the registrations as they must scan billions of websites (and more when your website is fresh)
You want to success on SEO and bring traffic on your website?
For conclusion, let’s summarize the 3 basic steps.
- Find what the users on the internet researches. (Keywords and long tail keywords)
- Create a website with rich content related these researches.
- Improve the website to SEO so they can find you easily and achieve sales.
The search engines don’t rank you low this moment because they want to harm you. Their target is to show off the first rankings and the best possible result, the representative and quality content related to the search term that the user types.
So, if you work methodically to create a website that provides the best possible content and promote it effectively, they will realize and will reward you with higher rankings in SEO.
Safe keep this guide and follow the analyzed steps carefully.
It takes time and certainly a lot of work, but is very interesting and definitely deserves to experience the beginning of each problem on a journey that will lead to the top.