With the Bookmarklet installed, just click it when you’re browsing any web page to store the link directly into trunk.ly. It’s easy to install, just drag this to your browser bookmark bar or, in Internet Explorer, right click and select “Add to Favorite”:
One key search from chrome
Add Trunk.ly as a search engine in chrome, just hit the shortcut key and type your search in the search bar to look in Trunk.ly instead of your default search provider. We suggest using
;, but you can choose any Keyword you like. Follow these instructions here. Edit Search Engines …. Here is the information you’ll need:
One key search from firefox
Firefox automatically recognises Trunk.ly as a search engine. Click the drop down menu to the left of the search bar and select Add Trunkly. If you want to add a shortcut key, follow these instructions here. “Manage Search Engines …”. We suggest using the
Use the bookmarklet on an iPad / iPhone
You can install the bookmarklet into the browser on an iPhone or iPad so you can save links direct to trunk.ly from there too. It’s a little more involved as you have to add a bookmark, then edit and paste the code below, but it’s easy to do if you follow these steps:
- Open this page from your iPad or iPhone.
- Click the action button (Square with Arrow on it) on your iPad / iPhone and choose “Add Bookmark”.
- Edit the Title of the bookmark to say “Save to Trunk.ly” (or whatever you prefer).
- Save the bookmark
- Copy the code below. (Hold your finger down on it until the copy paste handles pop up, then select it all and copy it).
- Open your bookmarks (tap the book symbol).
- Edit your bookmarks (tap the edit button).
- Choose the “Save to trunk.ly” bookmark you just created.
- Click on the URL and delete it.
- Paste the code you copied in the earlier step (tap and hold your finger in the empty field until the Paste option appears).
- Return to the bookmarks, tap “Done” and you’re finished.
- To use it, when you’re on a web page you’d like to save, open the Bookmarks folder (tap the book symbol) and tap the “Save to trunk.ly bookmark. You’ll be able to edit any notes and save the link straight into trunk.ly.