Does publishing Facebook posts through a third party tool affect your reach and engagement? What types of Facebook posts get the most interactions? What is the best time of day to publish Facebook business posts? Which day of the week is best for publishing posts? These are all questions I hear regularly from businesses using Facebook.
Good news! Our friends at content discovery tool, BuzzSumo, analyzed 500 million Facebook posts to discover what types of posts create the most likes, comments and shares. The results may surprise you!
8 Eye-Opening Facebook Engagement Stats
- Posts published from 10 – 11 PM EST get 88% more interactions than the average Facebook post. *
- Image posts get 179% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
- Posts ending with a question get 162% more interactions than the average post.
- Videos are the most shared post type, with 89.5 average Facebook shares. **
- Posts published on Sunday get 52.9% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
- Excluding images, posts with 150-200 characters performed the best, averaging 238.75 shares.
- Posting with a 3rd party tool results in 89.5% less engagement than directly posting to Facebook.
- Posts that link to long form content (2000+ words) receive 40% more interactions than linking to short form content.
* Interactions = likes + shares + comments
** BuzzSumo counted only shares, not likes + comments.
Use these facts and stats to adjust your Facebook content publishing strategyand you may start to see an increase in engagement. Remember, each Page and audience is different – experiment to find your own sweet spot.
Content discovery tool, includes trends
Find the most engaging content on the web at BuzzSumo. (I recently started using this tool and totally LOVE it! Stay tuned for even more awesome Facebook-related features coming from BuzzSumo!).
NEW Free Facebook Tool!
BuzzSumo just released a brand new tool today, called Sumo Rank! You can check the engagement of any Facebook page for free! Go to: www.sumorank.com
Let’s hear from you…
Did you find value in this post and the infographic? Any questions or comments, let us know below – we’d love to hear from you.
Please do share this post on your social profiles, too. Feel free to embed the infographic on your website/blog as well