Updated: August, 2017
Thanks for your interest in writing on the Trunk.Ly Blog! We’re looking for fresh perspectives from the sharpest minds in blogging to provide our audience with actionable, in-depth content that helps them better plan, organize, and improve their blog.
Read This First
Now, I want to caution you a little bit before you decide to send me a submission. I don’t publish any and everything on this blog. Far from it.
We get a lot of pitches. Most don’t get accepted. Here are some tips to stay out of our trash can:
- Read through this entire page before pitching. There’s nothing more annoying than getting a pitch that doesn’t follow our guidelines.
- We only respond to pitches we accept. If we like your idea, you’ll know in about a week.
- Make sure we haven’t already covered your topic before. If you can’t do that much research, then we don’t trust you can write a good post.
- We only accept educational how-to posts from guest authors. We want a lot of screenshots and step-by-step instruction, too. If your post doesn’t fit this description, we won’t publish it. No exceptions.
- If your post was written before you pitched us, we will not publish it. We want fresh stuff, written just for our audience. No canned posts.
Got it? Either way, we’ll touch on these things again later. Let’s move on.
Guest post guidelines you must follow
- Your article should be at least 1000+ words.
- Add subheadings, bullet points, paragraphs to make the article more readable.
- Υour topic must be relevant and targeted toward our audience.
- Do your homework. Link to reputable sources. Use data and statistics to back up your claims.
- Link freely as long as they are relevant and within reason. But remember, everything is subject to review, so we may remove or edit any text or links we find unsuitable.
- We reserve the right to edit the article to fit our content format and to remove any unnecessary links we may find, but we will inform you upon doing so.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws. We will only publish unique content (articles that haven’t been published before).
What Are We Looking For?
For the most part, this is a blog about blogging and helping bloggers succeed, Although the topics may vary, not all topics would work well with this blog’s community.
Here’s a run down of topics that would work nicely with the community:
- Any sort of traffic technique regarding SEO, social media, etc.
- Conversion techniques to get more subscribers and email marketing
- Writing tips on how to better your craft and become a better writer
- How to come up with blog post ideas, etc.
- Tools and plugins that can help you be more productive
The page is a bit long and requirements a bit stiff, but we feel it’s necessary to reduce spam submissions.
If you still think you really have what it takes, then don’t hesitate to send an email via our contact form with these same guidelines that was outlined for you. Expect a reply withing 48 – 72 hours of sending the email.