Are you a food blogger, foodie, food critic, chef or a food lover who want to build a website for food blogging and recipe, or for a food magazine or for restaurant review website? These exotic food-inclined WordPress themes are just the thing you’re looking for.
In order to stand out as a food blogger, you don’t just need to have photographic skills of Ree Drummond or a high level critiquing skills as of Gordon Ramsay. If you don’t have a stylish website, you just cannot win hearts of your readers. In order to keep them stick to your food blog, explicit content won’t be enough, you need to aid them visually in order to keep them engaged in your website.
In my opinion, WordPress is the best platform for food bloggers. It doesn’t just give you right platform to deliver excellent content but also provides you to visually aid your content to gather user engagement. There are so many features in WordPress. WordPress themes are part of those features. They are easy to customize and ranges from visually vibrant to simple minimalist. So, let’s check out this exclusive list of WordPress themes ideal for food blogs.
Let’s get started,
When you go to a restaurant, you often sees one special dish is mostly highlighted as the “Chef’s Special”. This theme is “chef’s special” in the menu of WordPress themes. The layout is soothing orange in color which will certainly give you a teensy glimpse of cooking with your grandmother. This theme will make your WordPress website energetic and enthusiastic. This theme has a potential to give your website some glimpse of homesickness. Some of its features are given below,
- If you want to sell ebooks and recipes, WooCommerce is compatible with this theme.
- There are shortcodes for Google Maps if you owns a real restaurant.
- Includes Sharebar to allow your visitor to share your posts.
- It has dynamic loading which allows your viewer to take a glimpse of all the content without loading the page.
- In order to increase engagement and UX, this theme enables you to add multicolor related posts.
The brasserie is very simple to setup. This WordPress theme offers hundreds of features to a creative blogger. The best part what I like in this WordPress theme is you can design your own logo. You can also add social media share buttons and with tons of customization is provided with Google fonts and layout colors. In addition to that, it also enables you to sell your cookbook and set restaurant order up with WooCommerce integration. Some of its features are given below:
- It enables you to give a full-width header image to provide your visitor a striking first impression.
- It avails you with 4-different layouts of the homepage for your perfect web design.
- It enables you to add an image slider to show off your special cooking recipes and special deals or link your cooking stories on it.
- Brassie is the fully responsive theme. This gives them easy access to your website from any device of their convenience.
- It also avails you to translate your website to expand your website globally.
Kouki is considered ideal for those food bloggers who are looking for a layout which avails them simple image display and minimal content. This theme is a home of white space. Very strategic use of white space makes it very special. This theme helps you to show your user exactly what they’re looking on your website. Stunning typography, a hidden navigation menu and featured images facilitate a distraction-free environment for presenting your food creations.
Some its features are,
- Live Theme Customizer enables you to change color schemes and add matching Google fonts for your theme.
- As it is fully responsive, no matter which device your viewer use to access, he’ll not be disappointed.
- Social icons are very handy and help you to increase your reach.
- The image gallery is in masonry style which facilitates you to add striking food images.
- Your viewer will have full attention to the content with two columns and no sidebar.
Dyad is one of the best in its class. It is modern and stylish with a balanced layout. When your viewer visits your website, they’ll be greeted by a stretched featured image which will span the length of your header and the plus point is you can design it to be your featured content of the Day, or Week, or Month or Year, whatever you like. These features enable you to showcase your top food blogs in style. In Dyad, every post is displayed with a featured image your reader will be drawn to read it. Some of its features are given below,
- It featured with infinite scroll to let your viewer check all of your blog posts.
- It avails you with a sticky post to keep your top post handy.
- Multilingual function for global foodies.
- Very well groomed threaded comments.
- Customize menu in header and footer to make the navigation easy.
iCook is filled with features that make it ideal for a food blog. This theme is multipurpose as it serves elements like a filterable gallery for the recipe, shortcodes for the custom recipe, a widget for all popular recipes. It is powered by Tesla Framework, it can easily change your website’s looks and functions by its exclusive admin tool. With iCook on your side, you can easily make your food blog with this appealing theme. Some of its features are,
- With this theme, you can easily create new elements with custom post types to tailor your website’s needs.
- You can send instant messages without loading the page via AJAX Contact Form.
- Integrated Google Maps to assist your viewer to your restaurant.
- You can choose from four homepage layouts.
- It also allows you for cross browser optimization.
Foodica is a minimalist in design, made ideally for food blogs. However, in spite of being minimal, you won’t be disappointed with the color schemes. There are 9 color schemes from which you can choose and can be sure that your website is not opposite of your brand. The advanced theme options panel and great visual customizer to change layouts, fonts and social media accounts is an awesome experience with this theme. It also equips you with infinite scroll, custom menus, and logos. It even helps you to translate your content. It also avails you to make a stunning recipe gallery for your website. Some of its features are,
- This theme gives you an opportunity to monetize your website with multiple ad zones.
- In order to make quick recipe building, it avails you with recipe shortcodes.
- Sidebar area for metadata and subscription box.
- Stunning carousel slider to showcase your best recipe.
- Easy integration with WooCommerce.
7. Food Blog
Food Blog is one of the most popular themes among the food community. This theme empowers you to shift all your viewer’s attention to your content. This theme has a lot to offer as it is very picture friendly, fully responsive, and fully equipped customizer which enable you to customize your blog in full throttle.
It is built on very clean code for optimal performance. Let’s check out its features,
- You can build a recipe library for your viewers using Recipe Card plugin.
- You can opt for sidebar as you are given choices to make it minimal or creative.
- Thumbnail image representation for recent posts makes it very engaging.
- Large featured image for every post.
- Contact 7 form for stay connected with your viewers.
Neptune is very stylish and creative. It is considered to be optimal for food bloggers. The homepage is creatively busy which offers your visitors tons of images and content. You can feature cooking steps and nutrition value in an ease. You can also add similar recipe block to increase the engagement level. Let’s see some of the features of Neptune,
- You can facilitate your viewer with integrated timer and help them to cook.
- It also allows you to provide your reader exclusive reader mode.
- There are over 700 fonts in this WordPress theme.
- You can also avail your viewers with recipe search.
- The Sidebar in this theme is smart, it follows your viewers.’
9. Foodie Pro
Foodie Pro is a product on SEO Friendly Genesis Framework. It is very clean and minimal. In spite of being minimal, it is colorful. It also consists of homepage widget with thumbnail images. It also enables you to create customized mobile menu with ample of white space. Let’s check out some of the features such as,
- It avails you with 6 layout options to create a unique website.
- You can create a custom header with the logo for site recognition.
- Live Preview Function makes website customization easy.
- It is fully translatable so that no viewer is left at all.
- You can also add email opt-in to build your leads.
10. Meridian Recipe
Meridian Recipe is the best WordPress theme for any serious food blogger. It is remarkably customizable with loads of modules and color options. With this theme, you can facilitate your viewers to create an account and follow your recipes. Let’s see some of its features in a nutshell.
- 19 different modules to create a unique website.
- Customization of colors, typography, and background is way too much easy.
- This also enables your viewer to rate with a 5-star rating system.
- The best part is it has a distraction free mode where the reader can simply concentrate on the content and won’t miss any of the important steps.
So, this is my list of top 10 food blog themes, How you like it? Let’s have a quick flashback,
- Food Blog
- Foodie Pro
- Meridian Recipe
I hope you like my list. If you have any question please contact me via comments. Till then have a good one.